SP2018 Venue Location:
- INES – Center for research and training on solar energy and building (Technopôle Savoie technolac, 50 Avenue du Lac Léman, 73370 Le Bourget-du-Lac)
- USMB -University of Savoie Mont Blanc (27 rue Marcoz 73000 Chambéry, France).
Guests are encouraged to choose a hotel that is recommended in the below interactive map (blue circles), and shuttle pick-up/drop-off points are noted as well (purple circles). Questions or concerns can be directed to Zia.Lennard[@]R2Msolution.com
|Early-bird registration begins||1st March 2018|
|Abstract proposals due||1st April 2018|
|Decisions to authors||15th April 2018|
|Early-bird registration ends||31st April 2018|
|Late registration begins||1st May 2018|
|Registration closes||1st June 2018|
|SP2018 symposium||27th-28th June 2018|
|SP2018 pilot site visits||29th June 2018|
|Conference papers & extended abstracts (4 pages) due||31st July 2018|
|Invitations to extend conference papers (8 pages) sent||15th August 2018|
|Submission to journals (with correct formatting) due||1st September 2018|
|Expected peer review completion and publication date||31st December 2018|
SP2018 Registration & Fee Discounts:
Upon acceptance of a submitted CfP application (DOWNLOAD LINK: UPDATE_SP2018_CfP_Feb-2018), the next step for accepted contributors is to plan travel and register for the SP2018 event. Paypal details for registration, and a detailed timeline including the journal publication plan shall be posted shortly, and discounts codes shall be provided as relevant.
Any questions will be answered within 24 hrs. by emailing Zia Lennard, the Sustainable Places delegate manager and lead organizer, at Zia.Lennard[@]R2Msolution.com.
The fees for attending SP2018 are determined by a “no-profit, no-loss” model, and are used simply for keynote speaker reimbursements, catering, and publications costs, hereby listed as follows:
SP2018 Registration type
(before 1st April)
Late Registration Fee
(1st April – 26th June)
|Regular, TPC members or previous SP attendees*||€400||€450|
|Multiple attendee registration **||€350||€400|
|Full-time students, non-profit or govt. employees ***||€250||€300|
* TPC (Technical Programme Committee) members eligible must be from either SP2016, SP2017, or SP2018 events.
**More than 3 attendees from a single company or EU project / More than 5 attendees from accepted workshop chairs
***Must prove status by using the official email address or in the case of students show a current full-time class schedule
PLEASE NOTE: The SP2018 Organising Committee requires one registration per accepted contribution type, except for workshop chairs whereby at least three people must commit to attendance. Authors whose abstracts have been accepted into SP2018 will be directly provided with guidelines for contribution formatting, registration, and otherwise upon CfP acceptance.
|Conference fees & discounts offered (includes costs for the publications, networking events & pilot site visits)||
|Discount criteria (non-cumulative)||
|Forms of payment accepted (invoices upon request)||
Letters of Invitation for SP2018
Letters of Invitation for SP2018 can be issued to registered delegates upon request. It is the delegate’s responsibility to investigate the visa requirements for France and apply for a visa, if necessary. Short-stay visas may be required for travelers who are not nationals of France or certain visa-exempt countries. This visa allows a person to visit France on a temporary basis for tourism or business purposes for a period of 90 days or less. It must be applied for from the relevant French embassy or consulate in the delegate’s country of residence.
- To check if you need a visa or not Visas to enter France for the conference are not required in certain circumstances. Details on passport holders who are exempt from visas for France are available at www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/getting-a-visa/article/foreign-nationals-holding-ordinary-passports-exempt-from-visa-requirements.
- Visa requirements If you require a visa, please consult the full visa application process and requirements made available at www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/getting-a-visa/.
- Contacts for French diplomatic and consular offices A list of French diplomatic and consular offices authorized to issue visas is available at www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/le-ministere-et-son-reseau/annuaires-et-adresses-du-maedi/ambassades-et-consulats-francais-a-l-etranger/.
- Application Form If you require a visa to attend the conference, you can download the visa application form at www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/colonne-droite-7343/application-forms/article/visas-application-forms.
- Instructions on completing the application form If you need assistance completing the visa application form, consult the instructions at www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/getting-a-visa/article/how-to-fill-in-the-short-stay-visa.
- FAQs Find answers to frequently asked questions about the visa process, requirements, and application at www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/getting-a-visa/article/faq-visas.