Intro & Background
SP2018 Contribution Types
SP2018 CfP (subject to updates) accepts the following contributions types. All proposals should be completed using the below application and indicate the type of session you are requesting as well as if multiple contribution types are requested (up to 3 per registered attendee).
- Papers – a 30 minute presentation to be showcased via PPT during a thematic session at the conference + a 4 page paper (+/- 2,000 words) due after the conference. If not invited for extension to potentially be included in one of the SP2018 journal special issues, based on subject relevance, the 4-page paper shall be immediately published in the SP2018 conference proceedings (published by MDPI AG). One co-author or proxy must attend. In the CfP, authors can but are not required to suggest which journals they would like to be considered for.
- Briefings – a 30 minute presentation (PPT only, no paper required) to be showcased during a thematic session. Content may include either mature or early-stage projects, initiatives, organizations, or otherwise advances to the state of the arts within the conference topics. One co-author or proxy must attend to deliver the PPT, and a 4-page extended abstract will be published immediately following the event by MDPI AG in the SP2018 Proceedings.
- Workshops – 1,2,3, or 4 hours. Designed to engage SP2018 attendees in a productive interaction, demonstration, or tutorial, and to produce specific outcomes or demonstrate interactive results. At least three chairs must attend. Workshop chairs will be able to publish a 4-page extended abstract (report) immediately following the event by MDPI AG in the SP2018 Proceedings.
- Posters – scientific and technical posters or media installations will be presented in the exhibition area where delegates gather for networking and refreshments several times throughout the symposium (27th & 28th June, 2018). Poster authors will be able to publish a 4-page extended abstract immediately following the event by MDPI AG in the SP2018 Proceedings.
- Keynotes – executive speakers can be proposed and will be invited to deliver presentations to all attendees at either the opening (morning of 27th June) or closing (afternoon of 28th June) ceremonies. Their PPTs shall be uploaded following the conference for public consumption.
- CfP submissions due for all contribution types: 1st March 2018
- Acceptance of proposals sent to authors: 15th March 2018
- Early-bird registration period: 15th March 2018 – 1st April 2018
- Late registration period: 1st April 2018 – 26th June 2018
- SP2018 Symposium: 27th June 2018 – 28th June 2018
- SP2018 Local pilot site visits: 29th June 2018 – 28th June 2018
- SP2018 Publication management: 1st July 2018 – 31st December 2018