Sustainable Places 2018 (SP2018) is an annual event that advances the state of the arts in buildings, construction, and districts from the perspective of energy and resource efficiency, and is thanks to several collaborative partnerships between several entities. All attendees of SP2018 should book their accommodations in the vicinity of Aix-Les-Bains, France. Registered delegates will benefit from the full SP2018 program including two days (27th & 28th June) for thematic sessions, and one day (29th June) for local pilot site visits in Grenoble that showcase related initiatives and technologies. Complementary shuttles will be provided both to and from the venue for all SP2018 guests on all three days.
Important Dates & Publication Timeline for SP2018
|Abstract proposals due||1st April 2018|
|Decisions to authors||15th April 2018|
|Early-bird registration ends||31st April 2018|
|Late registration begins||1st May 2018|
|Registration closes||1st June 2018|
|SP2018 symposium||27th-28th June 2018|
|SP2018 pilot site visits||29th June 2018|
|Conference papers & extended abstracts (4 pages) due||31st July 2018|
|Invitations to extend conference papers (8 pages) sent||15th August 2018|
|Submission to journals (with correct formatting) due||1st September 2018|
|Expected peer-review completion and publication date||31st December 2018|
SP2018 Venue Location & Travel Hubs:
SP2018 (Sustainable Places 2018) will be held in the proximity of Aix-Les-Bains, France, which is 10 km from the venue. The symposium (27th & 28th June) will be co-located between both INES and USMB, and pilot site visits in Grenoble (29th June) shall be announced shortly.
- INES – Center for research and training on solar energy and building (Technopôle Savoie technolac, 50 Avenue du Lac Léman, 73370 Le Bourget-du-Lac)
- USMB -University of Savoie Mont Blanc (27 rue Marcoz 73000 Chambéry, France).
All attendees should book hotels in Aix-Les-Bains, and on 29th June will be invited to visit local pilot sites in Grenoble that showcase related initiatives and technologies. Complimentary shuttles will be provided both to and from the facilities for all SP2018 attendees on all three days (27th – 29th June).
Guests are encouraged to choose a hotel that is recommended in the below interactive map (blue circles), and shuttle pick-up/drop-off points are noted as well (purple circles). Travel hubs (e.g. airports, trains, etc.) shall be posted shortly.
By plane :
Less than one hour away by motorway from both international airports: Lyon-Saint Exupéry & Geneva International.
By train :
Less than 10 minutes away by car and 15 minutes away using public transports from the Chambéry and Aix-les-Bains train stations.
From the stations to INES with public transports:
- Chambéry station: Line 2 or 2D with STAC company
- Aix-les-Bains station: Line 1 with Ondéa company
By car :
From Lyon: Follow the A43 towards “GENEVA, GRENOBLE, CHAMBERY”. Take the exit towards “E70 – TURIN, MILAN, GRENOBLE, ALBERTVILLE, CHAMBERY” and follow the N201 towards “BOURGET-DU-LAC, AIX-LES-BAINS, SAVOIE TECHNOLAC”, then head towards Bourget-du-Lac / Savoie Technolac.
From Grenoble: Follow the A41 towards “TURIN, MILAN, CHAMBERY, SAINT MARTIN D’HERES”, after the toll follow the indication towards “AIX-LES-BAINS, BOURGET-DU-LAC, SAVOIE TECHNOLAC”
From Annecy: Follow the A43 towards “CHAMBERY, LYON”. Exit at “CHAMBERY AIRPORT, ALBERTVILLE, GRENOBLE”, then after the toll, follow the N201 towards “BOURGET-DU-LAC, AIX-LES-BAINS, SAVOIE TECHNOLAC”, then towards Bourget-du-Lac/ Savoie Technolac.
SP2018 Registration & Fee Discounts:
The fees for attending SP2018 are determined by a “no-profit, no-loss” model, and are used simply for keynote speaker reimbursements, catering, and publications costs, hereby listed as follows:
|SP2018 Registration type||Early-bird Fee
(before 1st May)
|Late Registration Fee
(1st May – 1st June)
|Regular (including authors)||€300||€350|
|Multiple attendee registrations||€275||€325|
|Full-time students, non-profit or govt. employees *||€250||€300|
*Must prove status by using the official email address, and in the case of students show a current full-time class schedule
PLEASE NOTE: The SP2018 Organizing Committee requires (at least) one registration per accepted contribution type, except for workshop chairs whereby at least three people must commit to attendance.
|Conference fees & discounts offered (includes costs for the publications, networking events & pilot site visits)||
|Discount criteria (non-cumulative)||
|Forms of payment accepted (invoices upon request)||
Letters of Invitation for SP2018
Letters of Invitation for SP2018 can be issued to registered delegates upon request. It is the delegate’s responsibility to investigate the visa requirements for France and apply for a visa, if necessary. Short-stay visas may be required for travelers who are not nationals of France or certain visa-exempt countries. This visa allows a person to visit France on a temporary basis for tourism or business purposes for a period of 90 days or less. It must be applied for from the relevant French embassy or consulate in the delegate’s country of residence.
- To check if you need a visa or not Visas to enter France for the conference are not required in certain circumstances. Details on passport holders who are exempt from visas for France are available at www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/getting-a-visa/article/foreign-nationals-holding-ordinary-passports-exempt-from-visa-requirements.
- Visa requirements If you require a visa, please consult the full visa application process and requirements made available at www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/getting-a-visa/.
- Contacts for French diplomatic and consular offices A list of French diplomatic and consular offices authorized to issue visas is available at www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/le-ministere-et-son-reseau/annuaires-et-adresses-du-maedi/ambassades-et-consulats-francais-a-l-etranger/.
- Application Form If you require a visa to attend the conference, you can download the visa application form at www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/colonne-droite-7343/application-forms/article/visas-application-forms.
- Instructions on completing the application form If you need assistance completing the visa application form, consult the instructions at www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/getting-a-visa/article/how-to-fill-in-the-short-stay-visa.
- FAQs Find answers to frequently asked questions about the visa process, requirements, and application at www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/getting-a-visa/article/faq-visas.
Any queries should go through the contact page or be emailed to Zia Lennard, the Sustainable Places chair and delegate manager, at: Zia.Lennard[@]R2Msolution.com.