"Energy Communities in Practice: The What's and the How's" Workshop
Day 2 | Wednesday 28th October | 14.00 - 17.00
By 2021, Member States are required to transpose the relevant EC Directives (e.g. EMD II, RED II) into national legislation to facilitate the widespread establishment of energy communities. But how can energy communities be established and operated in a sustainable manner across EU Member States? This question keeps many energy market stakeholders busy. A host of inter-dependent organizational, technical, social, regulatory and business aspects need to be carefully balanced to achieve sustainable operation from an environmental & financial perspective.
This workshop aimed to deliver initial results on the above questions as they have been learnt from the experience of the below H2020 sister projects on energy islands.
Chairs of the workshop : Vasiliki Katsiki and Antonis Papanikolaou, Hypertech Energy Labs
- “COMPILE” Andrej Gubina, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Electrical Engineering (PDF)
- “MERLON” Katerina Valalaki, hypertech, Vasiliki Katsiki & Antonis Papanikolaou, Hypertech; Dimitris Papadaskalopoulos, Imperial (PDF)
- “MUSE GRIDS” Alessandra Cuneo, RINA Consulting (PDF)
- “iELECTRIX” Pierre Jacques Le quellec (PDF)
Interactive discussions with the workshop participants executed in a consecutive manner
- “Social: MUSE GRIDS & iELECTRIX” Alessandra Cuneo, RINA Consulting
- “Business Models: MERLON & COMPILE” Imperial
- “Regulatory: COMPILE & MERLON” Andrej Gubina
- “Technological: iELECTRIX & MUSE GRIDS” Pierre Jacques Le quellec
Presentation panelists (PDF)