Innovative Solutions Supporting Cities’ Transition
Thursday, September 8th, 2022 | 16h- 17:30h | Workshop | Hybrid
According to the EU Mission for Climate-Neutral and Smart Cities, cities play a pivotal role in achieving climate neutrality by 2050, the goal of the European Green Deal. They take up only 4% of the EU’s land area, but they are home to 75% of EU citizens. Furthermore, cities consume over 65% of the world’s energy and account for more than 70% of global CO2 emissions.
Ongoing EU projects have developed tools, models and solutions that can help cities accelerate their green and digital transformation. This workshop gathered several of them to present some of their key results supporting the development of more sustainable, inclusive, smarter and greener cities.
H2020 projects involved:
- MAKING-CITY: Energy-efficient pathway for the city transformation, enabling a positive energy future (presentation by R2M Solution)
- +CityxChange: Positive City ExChange (presentation by IES, presentation by UL & NTNU)
- RESPONSE: integRatEd Solutions for POsitive eNergy and reSilient CitiEs (presentation by Dijon Metropole)
- URBANAGE: Enhanced URBAN planning for AGE-friendly cities through disruptive technologies (presentation by Tecnalia)
- IRIS: Integrated and Replicable Solutions for Co-Creation in Sustainable Cities (presentations by Nice Côte d’Azur Metropole: Part 1, Part 2)
- Project presentations (5 -10 minutes each)
- Each presentation will be followed by an interactive session, discussing each cities innovative solutions.
- Workshop wrap-up – summation of the session’s main takeaways.