Sustainable Places 2017 (SP2017) was hosted by Teesside University, was the 5th SP iteration, and an official EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) Energy Day, that brought together key stakeholders of Energy-efficient Buildings (EeB) and smart grids. The event Poster-SP2017 and Programme can freely be downloaded in PDF format
SP2017 had diverse scientific contributions from 100+ attendees, comprising the authors of keynotes, papers, posters, workshops, and initiative briefings.
SP2017 enabled a partnership with MDPI AG (Multidisciplinary Publishing Digital Institute) and as a result will publish all accepted types of contribution abstracts (e.g. posters, workshop reports, etc.) in the Proceedings Journal (ISSN 2504-3900) open access publication by MDPI, and a Buildings Journal special issue (ISSN 2075-5309) in a special issue (SI) of 10 selected papers from SP2017 along the following editorial timeline.
- 25th September – 15th December: For the Buildings Journal Special Issue, selected paper authors are notified directly by MDPI regarding edits required during the final round of peer-review. Guest Editors (GEs) Drs. Crosbie & Messervey make ultimate decisions based on scored results of the SP internal peer-review by TPC & external review by MDPI editors. Chosen authors will liaise with the publisher and chosen editors for any necessary edits or formatting based on instructions from the MPDI author page. If you have not heard from the Buildings Journal by 20th September, you have not been selected for the Buildings Journal special issue. If your paper doesn’t get accepted after the MDPI review, it will be published as a 4-page version in the Proceedings Journal.
- 15th October: Deadline for all authors (who are not liaising with the Buildings Journal by 20th September) to submit a 4-page abstract related to their delivered SP2017 contribution. This applies to all author types including posters, briefings, conference papers, and workshops. Please send the 4-page abstracts by email to Zia[.]Lennard[@]R2Msolution[.]com who will check for correct formatting and submit the abstract directly to the Proceedings Journal editors. Please use the MDPI Proceedings Journal Word or LaTex template for your contributions (#2 on the submission checklist).
The Buildings SI will be made possible with support from the Guest Editors (GEs):
NB – Journal papers submitted to the Buildings journal are expanded to the size of a research article (no more than 12 pages); The accepted SP2017 abstract should be cited and noted on the first page of the paper; authors are asked to disclose in their cover letter a statement on what has been changed compared to the accepted SP2017 abstract (there should be expansions in the result and discussion parts). The overlap between the expanded full paper and the abstract should be lower than 50%.
SP2017 contributions in a dedicated edition of the Proceedings Journal will be published & made openly accessible. For papers which have been published in the Buildings SI, they are not allowed to be in SP2017 Conference Proceedings (poster & briefing abstracts, workshop reports, conference papers, and journal papers that were not chosen for the Buildings SI are eligible).
SP2017 ABSTRACT EXTENSIONS (UP TO 4 PAGES) ARE DUE NO LATER THAN 27th OCTOBER to Zia.Lennard[@]R2Msolution.com.
SP2017 was sponsored by:
- European Commission, Seventh Framework Programme
- PERFORMER (Portable, Exhaustive, Reliable, Flexible and Optimized approach to Monitoring and Evaluation of building energy performance) project.
- CEA (French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission),
- CSTB (Center for Science & Technology in Buildings),
- TU (Teesside University),
- R2M (Research To Market Solution)
- BUILD UP knowledge portal buildup.eu
- EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) Energy Day,
- MDPI AG (Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute)
SP2017 Technical Programme Committee members:
- Dawid Krysinski, ASM Poland
- Luciano De Thomasi, United Technologies Research Centre Ireland, Ltd.
- Ana Tisov, Hyugen Engineers and Consultants
- Freek Bomhof, TNO
- Regis Decorme, CSTB
- Krzysztof Piotrowski, IHP Microelectronics
- Mari Hukkalainen, VTT
- Wolfgang Birk, LTU
- Julia Blanke, CIT